Orange Scented Green Beans
Source: Paramount Citrus
Zest from 1 Paramount Citrus orange
1 lb. washed green beans, cleaned and trimmed
1 tablespoon butter or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup shallots, minced
1 teaspoon black pepper
Salt to taste
• Zest an orange using a zester or a fine grater; set aside.
• Fill a medium high sided pan with 2 inches water.
• Add orange zest and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes.
• Add beans and lower heat to simmer. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, until beans are tender and bright green.
• Remove beans immediately.
• In the sauce pan, melt butter or olive oil.
• Add shallots and sauté until soft.
• Add beans and sauté with salt and pepper to taste.
(from 3 ratings)
No comments have been posted yet.