Source: Paramount Citrus
1 Paramount Citrus orange, supremed* and cut into small cubes
juice of 1 Paramount Citrus orange
fresh Paramount Citrus orange slices
8 small croissants
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
2 tablespoons crushed walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste
*Directions for supreme segmenting in Citrus Supreme-Segments recipe
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Juice two oranges with a citrus reamer or juicer; set aside.
• Supreme an orange.* Cube segments and set aside.
• Cut croissants in half and place them in a lightly greased baking dish in one layer.
• In a small saucepan, mix juice of one orange, orange cubes and sugar.
• Cook for a few minutes until sauce thickens.
• Spoon the sauce over each croissant bottom.
• Replace croissant tops.
• In a medium bowl, beat eggs and whipping cream.
• Whisk together with crushed walnuts, vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
• Pour the egg mixture over the croissants.
• Cover and refrigerate overnight.
• Bake at 350°F for 20–25 minutes.
• Serve with fresh orange slices.
(from 2 ratings)
No comments have been posted yet.