Orange Chicken Salad
Source: Paramount Citrus
Juice from 1 Paramount Citrus orange
2 Paramount Citrus orange supreme segmented* and cut into cubes
1 lb. chicken breast, cooked, roasted or grilled
8 cups mixed salad greens
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
1 cup fresh spinach
1 small red onion, sliced very thin
1 red bell pepper, sliced
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
4 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 red chili, julienned
Salt to taste
*Directions for supreme segmenting in Citrus Supreme-Segments recipe
• Juice an orange with a citrus reamer or juicer; set aside.
• *Supreme segment two oranges. Cube segments and set aside.
• Cut chicken into cubes or strips.
• In a large salad bowl mix well salad greens, avocado, spinach, onion, bell pepper and orange segments.
• Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together fresh orange juice, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seeds and cilantro. Add chili pepper if desired.
• Toss salad and sauce well.
• Sprinkle with salt serve immediately.
(from 2 ratings)
No comments have been posted yet.