Lemon Mushroom Sandwich
Source: Paramount Citrus
Zest from 1 Paramount Citrus lemon
Juice from 1 Paramount Citrus lemon
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ onion, diced
2 stalks green onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green pepper, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 cup mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper to taste
• Zest a lemon using a zester or a fine grater; set aside.
• Juice a lemon with a citrus reamer or juicer; set aside.
• In a large skillet sauté onion, green onions, garlic, bell pepper, red pepper and mushrooms over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
• Add lemon juice and lemon zest.
• Add oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
• Cook for 2-4 minutes.
• Sprinkle with parsley.
• Warm up the pitas.
• Spoon vegetables on the pitas, roll up and serve.
(from 3 ratings)
No comments have been posted yet.