Citrus Seafood Salad
Source: Paramount Citrus
2 oranges, *supreme segmented and cut into cubes
½ lb. scallops, cooked
½ lb. shrimp, cooked and peeled
5 cups salad greens
¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 small cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 small red onion, sliced fine
2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, halved and sliced
*Directions for supreme segmenting in Citrus Supreme-Segments recipe
Zest from 1/2 Paramount Citrus orange
Juice from 1 Paramount Citrus orange
Zest from 1 Paramount Citrus lemon
Juice from 1 Paramount Citrus lemon
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tablespoon ginger, grated
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
• *Supreme segment two oranges. Cube segments and set aside.
• Zest half of an orange using a zester or a fine grater; set aside.
• Juice an orange with a citrus reamer or juicer; set aside.
• Zest a lemon using a zester or a fine grater; set aside.
• Juice a lemon with a citrus reamer or juicer; set aside.
• In large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
• In a medium bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients.
• Toss salad with the citrus dressing and serve.
(from 4 ratings)
No comments have been posted yet.