Cheesy Stuffed Zucchini
Source: Paramount Citrus
8 medium zucchini
Zest from 1 Paramount Citrus lemon
Juice from 1 Paramount Citrus lemon
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, grated
3 green onions, chopped
1 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
• Preheat oven to 350°F.
• Zest a lemon using a zester or a fine grater; set aside.
• Juice a lemon with a citrus reamer or juicer; set aside.
• Place zucchini in salted boiling water and cook for 3-5 minutes to soften a little bit. Then shock them in ice water to stop cooking.
• Once cool enough to handle, cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
• Chop the flesh of the zucchini.
• Meanwhile in a medium bowl mix together all filling ingredients and also add the chopped zucchini.
• Fill zucchini with the stuffing.
• Place them in a lightly greased oven dish.
• Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
(from 4 ratings)
No comments have been posted yet.